Following a busy few years the club and junior section has grown from strength to strength with now 6 youth teams as well as the senior squad. Training nights are becoming very busy and there is a lot of player development.
Its is with huge sadness that I will step back from the role of Head of Youth Rugby to focus on my teaching career. In order to do this I need to step back from some responsibilities to focus on my work and study. I have immensely enjoyed my time seeing the section grow and see some great talent come through. The potential is endless and I will look forward to seeing the section and the club continue to grow.
It has been a great pleasure to work with the superb team of volunteers we have as well as the families who come to the club every week. I will look forward to continuing to work with them in a different capacity. As well as this I cannot wait to see our young players move into the senior squad and will continue to enjoy working with them to ensure this happens.
Dan Landers is stepping up to take lead and I will look forward to working with him to continue to see the club grow. Dan has lots of ideas to grow the club and is keen to work with everyone to ensure this happens. Dan will provide the boost the club needs to progress into the summer and into next season. There is so much potential and withy the hard work of everyone the club will be in a healthy position.
A few highlights over the last 30 months:
1. Youth section recognised in Rugby World magazine
2. Under 7's and 8's went to Twickenham to play a competition before watching the premiership double header last September.
3. Under 10's gave a sterling performance at the Essex festival at Romford last April
4. Under 16's go top of the league beating Clacton away.
5. Under 16's come runners up in the Howard Hartley plate winning the first piece of silverware for the junior section
6. Everyone who has played a huge role in seeing the club and section go from strength to strength.
Updated 18:42 - 14 Jan 2019 by Jack Courtney